Gain insight into the skills required to gauge and forecast potential threats to US national security with a Certificate in Intelligence Analysis from American Public University System. Courses in this program help students enhance their critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as teaching the historical evolution of US national intelligence.
In this homeland security certification program, students will learn advanced qualitative analytic procedures, basic modeling, and predictive analysis skills. Graduates will be able to conduct research and provide their professional analysis of issues important to intelligence consumers.
Some of the course topics that students can choose as a part of the curriculum include:
- Applied geospatial intelligence
- Criminal intelligence analysis
- Geographic information systems
- Intelligence and narcotics
- Forecasting terrorism
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission