The Graduate Certificate in K-12 Reading and Differentiated Instruction can benefit teachers with a master’s degree who want to learn ways to better meet the diverse needs of students. This concentrated online literacy program focuses on reading/literacy instruction, differentiation, and personalized learning.
Teachers will learn how to evaluate diagnostic approaches for K-12 struggling readers and design instructional activities to meet the needs of each student. This program is not designed to lead to state certification or licensure, and cannot be used to maintain state licensure or certification.
Some of the courses available include:
- Differentiation for learners in mixed ability classrooms
- Literacy instruction for struggling and challenging students
- Identifying and diagnosing reading difficulties
- Teaching reading and writing across the content areas
- Personalized and individualized online learning
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American Public University System is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s)