Students in the Doctor of Strategic Intelligence degree program from APU will learn how to evaluate complex issues and situations faced in the field. The program prepares students for leadership in the intelligence community by having them undertake original applied research to extend the body of knowledge on their topic.
The degree addresses the intellectual, cultural, and organizational challenges in the emerging field of intelligence studies. Courses examine the activities and relationships among organizations in the global community, as well as domestic intelligence topics and issues of strategic concern to the US. Students will gain various leadership and professional communication skills.
In addition to professional practice, residency, practicum, and dissertation requirements, students will study topics including:
- Intelligence integration
- Psychology of actors in the global environment
- Nationalism and identity
- Comparative intelligence institutions
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Business and financial management
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American Public University System is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires a yearly residency requirement of 3-10 days.
- You must have 3-5 years work experience in the global security field or closely related field.