Students with an associate’s degree can apply for the Momentum program of this online bachelor’s in Fire Science Management. Momentum allows students to work with faculty mentors to demonstrate mastery in competency areas and move forward at their own pace.
Students will learn about tactical fire operations, fire safety, and community fire issues among others. Competencies include analyzing current and historical strategies, practices, and policies guiding the field of Fire Science. Graduates of this online Fire Science degree program will be equipped to utilize methods and resources necessary to effectively manage fire services.
A few of the competency areas addressed in the program include:
- Research, analysis, and writing
- Fire behavior and combustion
- Fire prevention
- Emergency planning
- Emergency and disaster incident command
- Fire protection in building construction
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission