American Public University System offers an online Sports Management degree to individuals interested in pursuing a career as a coach, sports manager, or front office manager. The curriculum covers a range of topics including the legal, ethical, and financial considerations in managing a sports organization.
Students will gain an understanding of sports administration, business skills, and coaching theory and strategy. Classes examine the business side of sports in areas such as marketing, promotion, public relations, and finance. Graduates will be prepared to lead collegiate, community, or high school sports organizations.
Some of the topics covered in this degree program include:
- Sports law, risk, and regulation
- Sports and recreation facility management
- Contemporary and social issues in sport
- Athletic programs administration
- Sports governance
- Ticket sales management
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits).
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission