The bachelor’s degree in Emergency and Disaster Management from APU online prepares students for a wide variety of careers in emergency management and public safety. Graduates will be prepared to handle prevention, management, mitigation, and recovery from manmade and natural disasters.
Courses emphasize the foundational Emergency Management concept that no matter the size and scope, all disasters are local. Many classes in this online Emergency Management degree offer laboratory simulations of scenarios individuals may encounter in the real world. Graduates will understand the different strategies used to respond to various emergency and disaster incidents.
Class topics include a range of subjects such as:
- Emergency and disaster incident command
- Hazard mitigation and preparedness
- Social media application to emergency and disaster management
- Psychology of disaster
- Research designs and methods
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission