Gain new skills or enhance existing knowledge in law enforcement with an online Criminal Justice associate’s degree. Students will gain a foundational framework in criminal justice theory and concepts, terrorism, legal issues, and law enforcement objectives.
This degree is designed for those already employed in or interested in pursuing a career as a law enforcement officer, investigator, agent, criminologist, or other related positions. The curriculum examines criminological, sociological, legal, and political influences on the American criminal justice system. Graduates will understand a range of Criminal Justice topics such as collecting and preserving evidence, terrorism, juvenile delinquency, and the history of law enforcement.
Additional topics covered by this major include:
- Criminal justice administration
- Intercultural communication
- Emergency and disaster incident command
- The court system
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission