The objective of this online master’s in Psychology is to achieve the knowledge and skills needed to qualify for licensure as a clinical mental health counselor. The program includes a formal internship that meets national and most state requirements for licensure.
Students in this master’s in Psychology online will learn diagnostic techniques, how to communicate in correct APA format, ethical considerations, major theories and methodologies of professional counseling, and more.
- Counseling theory and practice
- Applied psychology concepts and principles
- Theories of human development and personality development
- Family and group therapy principles
- Applied social and cultural foundations
- Biological basis of behavior
- Professional orientation and ethics
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires three weekend residencies per year, along with two optional weekend residencies.