American College of Education offers the online M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership. This degree is designed for high-performing teachers whose goal is to support building principals by helping to create a system of shared leadership and by providing job-embedded, differentiated professional learning opportunities to teachers.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Community Engagement, Outreach, and Collaboration
- Transforming Teaching and Learning
- Designing Learning Environments
- Advocacy and Leadership
- The Influence of Culture
Course curriculum will address diverse perspectives and culture, personal and professional goal setting, reflective inquiry and practice, teacher leader modeling, and collaborative work with colleagues to achieve quality programming and teamwork among all stakeholders.
- Bachelor's or highest post-baccalaureate degree earned
- Minimum GPA 2.75 (4.0 Scale) for full admission
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
- Documentation of at least an initial teaching license (in the state the applicant resides), school service personnel license, or a school services certificate OR evidence of full-time teaching assignment from an individual in a supervisory capacity of from a human resources official of the school at their current employment
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission