American College of Education offers the online Master of Arts in Elementary Teaching (MAT). With this degree, students will gain an understanding of child development as they learn and apply instructional and assessment strategies to improve achievement of elementary students’ achievement in reading, mathematics, social studies, and science.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Emerging Literacy Methods for Elementary Teacher Preparation
- Strengthening Literacy for Elementary Teacher Preparation
- Community Engagement for Elementary Teachers
- Assessment for Elementary Teachers
- The Digital Learner
Students will learn how to assess the needs of students in K-8 classrooms, and how to provide students with different avenues to learning.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American College of Education is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, SAT, ACT
Official College Transcript(s)
- This program requires a criminal background check and you must have field based diversity experiences and classroom access.
- Graduates must first obtain an initial teaching license in Indiana before applying for a teacher license in their own state. Other states may have additional licensure requirements. Students are responsible for determining whether eligibility and licensure requirements in their state of residence.