American College of Education offers the online Certificate in Transition to Teaching (T2T) in Secondary Education. This certificate prepares candidates to meet the changing needs of today’s grade 5-12 adolescent students. Candidates learn how to structure core content classes, utilize best practices, incorporate digital tools into the learning environment, and differentiate instruction for diverse learners.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Adolescent Development and Learning Process
- Instructional Practice and Delivery
- Orientation to Secondary Teaching
- Literacy in the Content Areas
- Content Specific Methodology
- The Digital Learner
All courses in this program can be applied to a Master of Arts in Secondary Teaching at American College of Education.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American College of Education is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, SAT, ACT
Official College Transcript(s)
- This program requires a criminal background check and you must have field based diversity experiences and classroom access.
- This program leads to an initial teaching licensure in Indiana. Students who do not reside in Indiana should determine requirements for applying the Indiana initial license for teacher licensure in their state of residence.