American College of Education offers the online Certificate in Transition to Teaching (T2T) in Secondary Education. This certificate prepares candidates to meet the changing needs of today’s grade 5-12 adolescent students. Candidates learn how to structure core content classes, utilize best practices, incorporate digital tools into the learning environment, and differentiate instruction for diverse learners.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Adolescent Development and Learning Process
- Instructional Practice and Delivery
- Orientation to Secondary Teaching
- Literacy in the Content Areas
- Content Specific Methodology
- The Digital Learner
All courses in this program can be applied to a Master of Arts in Secondary Teaching at American College of Education.
- Bachelor's or highest post-baccalaureate degree earned
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (4.0 Scale) for full admission; OR 2.5 and, at least, 5 years of documented professional experience related to the content area in which the applicants seek licensure; OR both a Bachelor's degree from an accredited postsecondary educational institution and proof of passing state approved content area examination(s) in the subject area
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
- Criminal background check
- Acknowledgement of field based diversity experiences and classroom access
- ACT, GRE, and SAT test scores
Note: This program leads to an initial secondary teacher license in Indiana. Students who do not reside in Indiana should determine requirements for applying the Indiana initial license for teacher licensure in their state of residence.
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission