The online Certificate in Transition to Teaching in Elementary Education helps students with bachelor’s degrees in fields other than education to gain initial elementary teacher certifications. The curriculum prepares students to manage K-6 classrooms and meet the needs of elementary students while learning the best practices and ways to guide their students toward success. Students master the foundations of literacy, learn how to integrate digital technology into their instruction, and enter the classroom with student teaching experience.
- Bachelor's or highest post-baccalaureate degree earned
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (4.0 Scale) for full admission; OR 2.5 and, at least, 5 years of documented professional experience related to the content area in which the applicants seek licensure; OR both a Bachelor's degree from an accredited postsecondary educational institution and proof of passing state approved content area examination(s) in the subject area
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
- Criminal background check
- Acknowledgement of field based diversity experiences and classroom access
- ACT, GRE, and SAT test scores
Note: This program leads to an initial elementary generalist teacher license in Indiana. Students who do not reside in Indiana should determine requirements for applying the Indiana initial license for teacher licensure in their state of residence.
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission