Alcorn State University offers a Specialist in Elementary Education post-graduate degree. This online elementary education program analyzes current issues, educational trends, theories, and policies that affect both rural and urban communities. Students apply their research findings practically through assignments and field experiences.
The asynchronous online environment allows students to pursue their career and gain a degree at the same time. The program is designed to support classroom discussion and increase information retention.
Graduates possess the following skills:
- Exceptional effectiveness in instructional techniques
- Leadership and skills in curriculum development
- Knowledge of research techniques and technology skills
- Classroom management skills
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Alcorn State University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.2 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Must have an AA educator's license and a degree in elementary education or related field.