Albany State University offers the online Certificate in Medical Coding. Medical coders review patient medical records and assign numeric codes for each diagnosis and procedure. To perform this task, they must possess expertise in the International Classification of Diseases and Current Procedural Terminology Coding Systems. This certification program is designed to prepare the student for an entry-level position as a medical coder, and eligibility to take the national credentialing exam for CCA (certified coding associate).
Sample of Program Courses:
- Health Record Content and Structure
- Advance Coding and Reimbursement
- Pathophysiology & Pharmacology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges