So i have seen a comercial for IU, I want to find out if this is a money mill , scam, ect. I was told I could get a tablet and labtop. I understand that they are accredited by the federal gov . Im looking into going for my bac degree in heathcare management/ they are non profit but i read some comnflicting stories.
- 259 Views
- Last Post 28 November 2018
The school is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (http://www.accsc.org/). ACCSC is recognized by the US Dept. of Education. It's approved to provide acreditation to trade and technical schools.
Hello - I'll be up front, I work for Independence University so my views have to be acknowledged as biased.
1. Independence University is part of the Center for Excellent in Higher Education (CEHE)
2. It is accredited by ACCSC which is a national accreditor. It is eligible for participation in government loans and VA financing (so no it is not a diploma mill)
3. A sister school Stevens-Henager College has a lawsuit against it. My view having been involved in the lawsuit is that is an invalid claim, but nonetheless the lawsuit exists.
4. As of today, the Career College Review listed five of the Independence University programs in the top 3 for online colleges:
- 1st in Best Online Master’s in Nursing
- 1st in Best Online Medical Assisting Programs
- 2nd in Best Online Health Administration Programs
- 3rd in Best Online Web Development Programs
- 3rd in Best Online Health Services Programs
5. The University transitioned to not-for-profit several years ago, but is still focused on career employment education
6. Two of its programs are also programmatically accredited
7. 95 percent of students attending the University are happy with their decision to attend that university
8. It has a full team of over 20 personnel working on continuously improving the curriculum. It has 100 full-time faculty members with Masters or terminal degrees, and over 500 employees on the academic and support side of the university. They currently have over 8,000 full-time students.
Overall, I believe the University is one of the better online schools in the nation, but again I acknowledge my bias. Those with a differening view (that I have noticed online) focus more on headlines than they do facts.
- All Categories
- Ask Anything About Online Learning and Colleges
- Degree Mill
- Online Teaching Jobs
- Suggestion & Tip Box
- Online College Accreditation
- Best Online Colleges
- Special Interests
- High School Diploma Mills
- Teach Online
- Online Certificate Programs
- Online Bachelor Degree Programs
- Online Students & Alumni
- Online Associate Degree Programs
- Online Masters Degree Programs
- Online MBA Programs
- Online PhD & Doctorate Programs