The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

DePaul vs. Antioch Online: Reviews & Tuition

Hello, I’d like to return to school to receive my BA degree online. I already have an associate degree from a B&M school where I majored in General Education. I’m interested in changing careers to a corporate trainer and grant writer.

Because I want to attend a traditional university with bachelor degrees that can be offered completely online I’ve applied/was accepted to the following colleges:

1) DePaul University majoring in Bachelor of Arts with an Individualized Focus
2) Antioch University majoring in Human Services Administration

They both have their pros and cons:

Antioch University
Pros: Looks like a great program, inexpensive
Con: Not well known, doesn’t have scholarships except for FASA and loans. They came under some fire a couple of years ago from what I read somewhere and is rebuilding their rep.

DePaul University
Pros: Well-known school, will set you up with an advisor in your chosen field of study, gives all online learners an annual scholarship for $3000 on top of that you can do FASA and loans.
Cons: EXPENSIVE, the only program you can take completely online is the School of New Learning for adults so you won’t get a degree in like Accounting I don’t think you get something that’s like a professional degree but I’m double checking on that.

Does anyone have any experience with either school? What do you think?

Leave a Reply