The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Miller Motte Accreditation Issues

I live in SC and decided that I wanted to go back to school. I am a 42 year old Widow and Mother of 5 children that range from 6 years old to 16 years old, being that I am extremely busy I chose to do my schooling online. I am very interested in working in the Juvenile Justice field as either a probation officer or case worker.

I had a few friends and family members that were either in the process of getting or had obtained a degree through Miller Motte. One of the first thing I asked them is if they were an accredited school, and they stated that they are. I had no clue about regional and national accreditation’s until now. I will be done April 5, 2015. I will have my Associates Degree in Paralegal.

I have recently visited the local colleges in my area in the hopes of transferring my credits over there to pursue my bachelors in either social work or criminal justice. Boy did reality hit hard. All the time, family sacrifices and not to mention money that will have gone into my degree is not transferable. I have a 4.0 GPA and have maintained it sense I started.

Are there any colleges that are regional accredited that would be willing to accept my credits and are there any legit regional accredited online schools that I could obtain my degree in either social work or juvenile justice that if I chose to transfer credits again some place would accept them, and also where an employee will accept them?

Leave a Reply