The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Graduate Certificate vs Master’s Degree?

Hello everyone, I recently graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia.

I am looking to further my education with either a Masters Degree or Graduate Certificate. I am very interested in improving my Web Development skills and Database skills.

I work in Center City Philadelphia and I have been looking at many different schools. La Salle university looks like it has a good Computer Information Systems masters program, but it is 100% online. Is this a safe bet? Not sure if online degrees are worth it.

I was also looking at Saint Joseph University, which offers a masters in computer science with a web and database track. Lastly, I was looking at getting a graduate certificate at the University of the Arts in Web Design & Web Development.

Does anyone know which career path would be the best bet. I just cant decide if a masters or a certificate it better. I would strongly appreciate the advice! Thanks, Tom

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hi Tom, Thanks for your question! [url=/career-center/detail/what-is-a-graduate-certificate-or-diploma]Graduate Certificates[/url] have really grown in popularity lately (as opposed to opting for a [url=/career-center/detail/what-is-a-masters-degree]master’s degree[/url]). It’s a great way to save a little money and keep yourself fresh with those ever-necessary career skills. Graduate Certificates are great when you… • Need to acquire skills quickly to launch a new career• Already hold a bachelor’s degree but seek to launch a new career not related to that degree• Need to meet state or national licensing requirements It will be your quickest and cheapest course of study. Since you already have a bachelor’s in your… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved