Wesley Biblical Seminary

787 E. Northside Drive, Jackson, MS 39286

School Details

Wesley Biblical Seminary, located on an urban campus in Jackson, MS, is a multi-denominational, graduate school of theology that is affiliated with the evangelical, Wesleyan-Arminian tradition.  WBS was founded in 1974, and was established as the result of the need for adequately prepared Methodist pastors.  Approximately 140 students from 30 denominations are enrolled at WBS, and the school serves students from 30 denominations, from all across the country.  In addition to the main residential campus location in Jackson, WBS also has a virtual campus that is attended by students worldwide.  WSB is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.

The mission of WBS is to offer graduate-level, theological education for students preparing for Christian service and to create an understanding of and renewal in the Wesleyan-Arminian tradition.  WBS nurtures the spiritual lives of its students, and divides the development of theological and biblical understanding and improves ministry skills.  WBS strives to appropriately prepare students to fulfill their role in the church’s global mission.

WBS offers degree programs which are the Master of Divinity and Master of Arts, and the Doctor of Ministry degrees.  The Master of Divinity degree meets the educational requirements for military, hospital or prison chaplaincy, and meets the prerequisites for the Doctor of Ministry program, as well as many seminary related Ph.D. programs.  The Master of Arts degree is designed for students that are interested primarily in research or teaching.
 
WBS has a distance learning program that allows students located across the country and around the world to receive a WBS education.  The distance learning program is designed for active professionals and lay ministers, and allow students to stay in their ministry and community while working toward their seminary degree.  Online courses are delivered through the Moodle Rooms learning management system.  Distance learning students participate in regular interaction with fellow students and instructors.

The cost of attending WBS is $400 per credit hour, and $150 per audited course.  The school strives to offer the best theological education at the most affordable cost, and raises an estimated 80% of tuition expenses through private contributions which means that students are only responsible for the remaining 20%, and for their living expenses.

Accreditation

N/A

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
  • Religious Affiliation:
    Christian
  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Master's degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    107
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    N/A
  • Percent Admitted:
    N/A
  • Calendar System:
    Trimester

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career