Bachelor of Science in Applied Science / Public Health
Youngstown State University
The online BS in Applied Science / Public Health degree program is designed to prepare students for careers as Certified Health Education Specialists and/or to take the sanitarian exam. Coursework covers topics in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services administration, environmental health, and behavioral science/health education. Students may choose one of two tracks to customize their education:
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Health Education / Health Promotion
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This degree program requires 127 credits for completion.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Official high school transcript
- Official copy of SAT or ACT exam results, if applicable (not required if applicant has been out of school more than 2 years prior to enrollment)
- Copy of General Education Development (GED) test results, if applicable
- Proof of passing all sections of the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT) - Ohio residents only
Youngstown State University offers online programs in web-based, hybrid, and video conferencing formats. Studies range from health care and nursing to engineering and criminal justice.
Curriculum is based on the:
- Best Practices for Online Education
- National Education Technology Standards
- Quality Matters Rubric
Distance education at Youngstown affords adult students the necessary flexibility and also allows them to share professional and life experiences with each other, enhancing the distance learning classroom.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.