WITC offers the online AAS in Health Information Technology. This degree gives graduates the ability to work in healthcare with a focus on managing health information rather than on direct patient interaction. With this degree you will gain competency in medical coding, ensuring the integrity of health information, analyzing data, adhering to legal and regulatory standards, leading a team and quality management.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Digital Literacy for Healthcare
- Healthcare Stats and Analytics
- Health Quality Management
- Medical Terminology
- Intermediate Coding
This program requires a clinical component, which may be completed in the student's geographical location.
- High school diploma or GED
- Accuplacer entrance assessment may be required
- Complete one year of high school chemistry or one term of college-level chemistry with a 2.0 or better
- Background check
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission