Winthrop University's online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program offers a concentration in Sports Marketing & Revenue Generation Concentration. This program gives you the tools to develop new revenue-generating, evidence-based strategies to grow all levels of sports’ programs — nonprofit, intercollegiate and professional.
You develop key skills in:
- Branding and merchandising
- Donor development and philanthropy
- Event design
- Data analytics
- Digital media
- Web streaming
There is a need for strong organizational leaders in the sports industry who can drive growth within an ever-changing organization. Knowing how to pivot according to industry challenges, like decreased public funding, and opportunities, such as eSports, web-streaming and digital media — are tantamount to success.
The concentration in Sports Marketing & Revenue Generation leads to career titles such as:
- Director of Donor Development and Philanthropy
- Vice President of Sales Merchandising
- Senior Manager of Digital Media
Experience a rigorous curriculum supported by dedicated faculty committed to your success. In this AACSB-accredited program, you will develop the capabilities and the confidence to solve today's toughest business challenges.
- Academically Rigorous – Study core classes that build your expertise and skills while also including a focus on globalization, analytics, technology and communication.
- High Quality – Learn from faculty who care about your success. Most of your classes will be taught by the same full-time faculty who teach our on-campus program.
- Accredited – This program is among theonly 5% of MBA programs worldwide to receive AACSB accreditation. Learn in a curriculum held to a higher standard that assures quality, promotes excellence and fosters continuous improvement.
- Supportive – Receive advising, career guidance and degree progression support throughout the program from the director of student services.
- Convenient – Complete any prerequisite courses prior to beginning your degree through separate modules of a convenient online platform.
Graduate students may be eligible for federal loans. To apply, students must submit a FAFSA using Winthrop's school code of 003456.
The MBA program has three starts a year, in August, January and May.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
AACSB International (AACSB)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Winthrop University is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's and specialist degrees. In addition, many individual programs at Winthrop hold specialty approval from industry accreditors.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)