The online DNP degree program from Wilmington University is practice-focused and designed to prepare expert clinicians. Students develop well-integrated skills which are immediately applicable to clinical practice. The Leadership track prepares students for management positions including chief nursing officer and director of nursing.
Nurse administrators use their experience and leadership skills to develop, implement, and evaluate evidence-based practice changes. Students in this program learn how to lead inter-professional teams to analyze complex issues surrounding patient and population health outcomes. Graduates of this online nursing administration degree will be prepared to meet the nation’s increasingly complex healthcare needs.
Classes cover a range of topics, such as:
- Politics and policy in the healthcare system
- Healthcare informatics
- Quality improvement in healthcare
- Epidemiology for advanced nursing practice
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Wilmington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a master's degree in nursing or a related field, have valid US RN licensure, and be actively employed in an area of advanced nursing practice.
- National board certification for nurse leaders is recommended but not required.