Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Wilkes University’s online RN to BSN program is designed specifically for practicing RNs like you, who want to upgrade from an associate’s degree (AAN or ASN) or nursing diploma to a full, accredited nursing baccalaureate degree. Our RN to BSN online program is built around a 31-credit Nursing Core Curriculum.
When you apply to our RN to BSN program, you’ll submit unofficial transcripts from all schools you’ve attended. A Wilkes Admissions representative conducts an initial review of your transcripts and presents you with a personalized Graduation Completion Plan – a guide to your individual course progression. Most Wilkes RN to BSN students are able to transfer many, if not all, General Education credit requirements from their associate’s degree or nursing diploma programs. If you have enough transfer credits, you will be able to fulfill the BSN course requirements in just over two years, fully online. If you lack credits in certain areas, your Graduation Completion Plan will show which courses you can take to earn your full nursing baccalaureate degree completely online!
NOTE: While you will need to have licensure as a Registered Nurse to earn this degree, RN to BSN applicants who are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam can apply for provisional admission, and if admitted, can enroll in the first Nursing course. Students must provide proof of RN licensure before taking the second course in order to move forward in the RN to BSN program.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
A total of 126 credits are required for the BSN, including transfer and major requirements.
- Nursing Core Curriculum: 31 credits
- Students possessing an associate degree in nursing must have graduated from a regionally AND programmatically (ACEN, NLNAC, CCNE) accredited institution
- Students possessing a diploma in nursing must have graduated from a programmatically (ACEN, NLNAC, CCNE) accredited institution
- RN License
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Proof of high school completion or GED equivalent
At this time, Wilkes University is not able to accept online students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon,Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Wilkes offers graduate-level online programs in education, nursing, and creative writing, as well as undergraduate and certificate programs in business. The Wilkes online learning system allows you to complete coursework with the flexibility to fit your busy schedule. The cohort-based approach helps you learn and collaborate along with fellow students, fully online.
- Convenient – Our online approach means you can study when and where it’s most convenient
- Personal – Learn from respected, experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Professional – Enhance your knowledge and skills with our cutting-edge curriculum
- Rigorous – Programs offer the advanced knowledge, skills, and professional development to help you advance your career goals, delivered with the advantages of an online education.
Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.