Doctor of Nursing Practice
Wilkes University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program offers a rigorous, practice-focused doctorate while providing an online curriculum that allows candidates to continue working full time. The 30-credit Wilkes DNP online program is in demand – the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) has identified the DNP degree as the top preparation for specialty nursing practice nationwide. This program is an ideal fit for advanced practice nurses or nurse executives who want to become clinical experts, applying the latest scientific knowledge and technological advances to serve patients in effective, innovative ways. All Wilkes DNP students also complete a mentored Scholarly Project in a clinical setting. With a strong emphasis on leadership, information technology, and public health, the DNP from Wilkes produces clinical leaders who can translate evidence-based research directly into practice.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- GPA of 3.5 or higher from master's-degree-granting institution which is programmatically (ACEN, NLNAC, CCNE) accredited.
- RN license; and advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) license and national board certification, as appropriate
- Completed application and CV
- Proof of completion of supervised clinical practice hours during master's or post-graduate certificate program. Verification of completed hours must be provided by the nursing program where the clinical hours were completed.
- Two recommendations
- Official transcripts
- Evidence of completion for advanced health assessment, advanced pharmacology, and advanced pathophysiology by APRN students (Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Anesthetists and Nurse Midwives) who do not hold current national certification
At this time, Wilkes University is not able to accept online students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon,Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Wilkes offers graduate-level online programs in education, nursing, and creative writing, as well as undergraduate and certificate programs in business. The Wilkes online learning system allows you to complete coursework with the flexibility to fit your busy schedule. The cohort-based approach helps you learn and collaborate along with fellow students, fully online.
- Convenient – Our online approach means you can study when and where it’s most convenient
- Personal – Learn from respected, experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Professional – Enhance your knowledge and skills with our cutting-edge curriculum
- Rigorous – Programs offer the advanced knowledge, skills, and professional development to help you advance your career goals, delivered with the advantages of an online education.
Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.