Doctor of Nursing Practice
Wilkes University’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program offers a rigorous, practice-focused doctorate while providing an online curriculum that allows candidates to continue working full time. The 30-credit Wilkes DNP online program is in demand – the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) has identified the DNP degree as the top preparation for specialty nursing practice nationwide. This program is an ideal fit for advanced practice nurses or nurse executives who want to become clinical experts, applying the latest scientific knowledge and technological advances to serve patients in effective, innovative ways. All Wilkes DNP students also complete a mentored Scholarly Project in a clinical setting. With a strong emphasis on leadership, information technology, and public health, the DNP from Wilkes produces clinical leaders who can translate evidence-based research directly into practice.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$985.00
Out of State Rate:$985.00
Additional Fees :$1,500.00
Fees Overview :
Technology Fee (per credit): $50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$31,050.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$31,050.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- GPA of 3.5 or higher from master's-degree-granting institution which is programmatically (ACEN, NLNAC, CCNE) accredited.
- RN license; and advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) license and national board certification, as appropriate
- Completed application and CV
- Proof of completion of supervised clinical practice hours during master's or post-graduate certificate program. Verification of completed hours must be provided by the nursing program where the clinical hours were completed.
- Two recommendations
- Official transcripts
- Evidence of completion for advanced health assessment, advanced pharmacology, and advanced pathophysiology by APRN students (Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Anesthetists and Nurse Midwives) who do not hold current national certification
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
At this time, Wilkes University is not able to accept online students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon,Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.