Master of Science in Nursing / Nursing Informatics
Wilkes University’s online Nursing Informatics concentration, part of the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program, integrates the latest best practices in nursing, computer, cognitive, and information sciences. This online MSN program requires 39 credit hours to complete. The Nursing Informatics concentration offers program graduates the knowledge and expertise to improve information management across health care organizations of all sizes. Candidates may be able to complete the program’s 200-hour clinical practicum at their workplace. A concluding scholarly review course allows students to synthesize and review issues relevant to the Nursing Informatics concentration. Graduates will also meet all of the academic eligibility requirements to test for the nation’s premier certification for nursing informatics administered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a credential that can lead to rewarding leadership and promotion opportunities.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- A degree in nursing from a programmatically accredited degree-granting institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current RN license
- Current resume
- A completed admission application
- Minimum one year of clinical experience
- Official transcripts for all schools attended
At this time, Wilkes University is not able to accept online students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon,Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Wilkes offers graduate-level online programs in education, nursing, and creative writing, as well as undergraduate and certificate programs in business. The Wilkes online learning system allows you to complete coursework with the flexibility to fit your busy schedule. The cohort-based approach helps you learn and collaborate along with fellow students, fully online.
- Convenient – Our online approach means you can study when and where it’s most convenient
- Personal – Learn from respected, experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Professional – Enhance your knowledge and skills with our cutting-edge curriculum
- Rigorous – Programs offer the advanced knowledge, skills, and professional development to help you advance your career goals, delivered with the advantages of an online education.
Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.