Master of Science in Nursing / Nurse Educator
Wilkes University’s online Nursing Education concentration, part of the Master of Science in Nursing degree program, is designed to provide candidates with the advanced knowledge and techniques for responding to critical health care education issues as accomplished teachers and leaders. This MSN online program requires 39 credit hours to complete. The Nursing Education concentration emphasizes academic theory and evidence-based research, effective teaching/learning strategies, curricular design and proven assessment measures. This program also includes two teaching/instructional experiences: a seminar plus 100 practice hours for each course. A concluding scholarly review course allows students to synthesize and review issues relevant to the Nursing Education concentration, and prepares graduates to take the national certification exam leading to Nurse Educator Board Certification.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- A degree in nursing from a programmatically accredited degree-granting institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Current RN license
- Current resume
- A completed admission application
- Minimum one year of clinical experience
- Official transcripts for all schools attended
At this time, Wilkes University is not able to accept online students from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon,Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Wilkes offers graduate-level online programs in education, nursing, and creative writing, as well as undergraduate and certificate programs in business. The Wilkes online learning system allows you to complete coursework with the flexibility to fit your busy schedule. The cohort-based approach helps you learn and collaborate along with fellow students, fully online.
- Convenient – Our online approach means you can study when and where it’s most convenient
- Personal – Learn from respected, experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Professional – Enhance your knowledge and skills with our cutting-edge curriculum
- Rigorous – Programs offer the advanced knowledge, skills, and professional development to help you advance your career goals, delivered with the advantages of an online education.
Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.