Master of Arts in Creative Writing
The online MA in Creative Writing degree program focuses on the craft and business of writing. Students are provided one-on-one guidance while being immersed in a community of working writers. All final projects are read and evaluated by an outside reader who is an agent, editor, producer, or publisher. Wilkes offers areas of study in:
- Creative nonfiction
- Making documentary films
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate college work
- Creative writing sample (12-25 pages of published and/or unpublished work in any form or genre; work should give a sense of the applicant's creative abilities)
- Essay (5-10 pages)
- Current resume
- Students must attend eight-day campus residencies in January and June or four weekend sessions per semester
- To be considered for graduate assistantship, two letters of recommendation
Wilkes offers graduate-level online programs in education, nursing, and creative writing, as well as undergraduate and certificate programs in business. The Wilkes online learning system allows you to complete coursework with the flexibility to fit your busy schedule. The cohort-based approach helps you learn and collaborate along with fellow students, fully online.
- Convenient – Our online approach means you can study when and where it’s most convenient
- Personal – Learn from respected, experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Professional – Enhance your knowledge and skills with our cutting-edge curriculum
- Rigorous – Programs offer the advanced knowledge, skills, and professional development to help you advance your career goals, delivered with the advantages of an online education.
Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.