Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
The online EdD in Educational Leadership is designed to prepare students for advancement in teaching, administrative, or leadership roles. The curriculum provides a distinct combination of theory and research, allowing students to examine the framework for scholarship, innovation, and strategic organizational transformation. Students may choose from three concentrations on which to focus their studies:
- Educational Technology
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Leadership Studies
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Master's degree in Education or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Completed online application
- Current resume or curriculum vita
- Copies of certifications or licenses, if applicable
- Two references using the downloadable online forms
- Official college transcripts
- Scholarly or professional project, product, or paper with an abstract attesting to how this submission reflects the applicant's potential for leadership and scholarship at the doctoral level
- Interview with a faculty committee, including an extemporaneous writing sample
- Passing score on the Doctoral Qualifying Examination
- Three residencies on campus (or at a to-be-determined international site, for international students)
Wilkes offers graduate-level online programs in education, nursing, and creative writing, as well as undergraduate and certificate programs in business. The Wilkes online learning system allows you to complete coursework with the flexibility to fit your busy schedule. The cohort-based approach helps you learn and collaborate along with fellow students, fully online.
- Convenient – Our online approach means you can study when and where it’s most convenient
- Personal – Learn from respected, experienced faculty dedicated to your success
- Professional – Enhance your knowledge and skills with our cutting-edge curriculum
- Rigorous – Programs offer the advanced knowledge, skills, and professional development to help you advance your career goals, delivered with the advantages of an online education.
Scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid may also be available to help students with their tuition.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.