Gain the skills and experience you need to meet the demands of an increasingly complex health care environment with the online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-to-BSN) program from Widener University.
The RN-to-BSN program builds on the strengths you already demonstrate as a licensed nurse, develops your leadership skills, and expands your knowledge to deliver even more high-quality care.
At Widener, you can earn your degree on your schedule. The entirely online program has no on-site residency requirement and can be completed in as little as one year with qualifying credits. Or, create a custom program plan and take one course at a time.
With an increasing number of hospitals striving for Magnet status, the need for professional, baccalaureate-prepared nurses is growing rapidly. Obtaining your BSN will qualify you for more nursing job opportunities and higher salaries.
- An RN with an ADN qualifies for 49 percent of current nursing jobs, with an average annual salary of $73,022
- An RN with a BSN qualifies for 81 percent of current nursing jobs, with an average annual salary of $81,6561
This is a degree completion program. Requires 122 credits for completion, including transfer and major requirements.
- Program curriculum: 30 credits
- Must have earned an associate degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 2.0 or higher in all previous coursework
- Must hold licensure as a registered nurse in one or more U.S. states or territories
- International candidates must demonstrate a TOEFL score of at least 95
- Official transcripts from all previous schools attended at the time of application
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education