Gain the skills and experience you need to meet the demands of an increasingly complex health care environment with the online Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-to-BSN) program from Widener University.
The RN-to-BSN program builds on the strengths you already demonstrate as a licensed nurse, develops your leadership skills, and expands your knowledge to deliver even more high-quality care.
At Widener, you can earn your degree on your schedule. The entirely online program has no on-site residency requirement and can be completed in as little as one year with qualifying credits. Or, create a custom program plan and take one course at a time.
With an increasing number of hospitals striving for Magnet status, the need for professional, baccalaureate-prepared nurses is growing rapidly. Obtaining your BSN will qualify you for more nursing job opportunities and higher salaries.
- An RN with an ADN qualifies for 49 percent of current nursing jobs, with an average annual salary of $73,022
- An RN with a BSN qualifies for 81 percent of current nursing jobs, with an average annual salary of $81,6561
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Widener University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationAssociate Degree
Recommended GPA2.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Requires completion of an accredited Associate Degree in Nursing
- Completion of a statistics prerequisite required
- Must have a current RN license with eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact.