Certificate in Homeland Security and Community Preparedness
Western Oregon University
The online Certificate in Homeland Security and Community Preparedness provides students with the knowledge and skills required to help local government and their communities become more effective in creating safe, vigilant, prepared, and resilient communities for homeland security. Graduates are prepared to develop and implement homeland security strategies pertaining to:
- Natural and manmade disasters
- Crime and social deviance
- Acts of terrorism
- Community enhancement
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Graduate from an accredited high school with at least a 2.75 cumulative high school GPA.
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA between 2.50 and 2.74 are eligible for admission if they receive a composite score of 21 on the ACT or a combined score of 1000 on the Critical Reading and Mathematics sections of the SAT Reasoning Exam.
- Separate requirements apply for graduates of unaccredited high schools or home-schooled students. See WOU admissions website for details.
Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in the states of Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota at this time. Distance students in some states may face other restrictions regarding program admission and activity.
Western Oregon University (WOU), a leading comprehensive public liberal arts institution, is committed to changing lives, strengthening communities and transforming our world. WOU first opened in 1856, as a normal school, and is the oldest college within the Oregon University System. Today, WOU is a public, four-year liberal arts college, and is located in the Monmouth-Independence area, the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. WOU is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital and about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub.
The school offers associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, in addition to postgraduate certificates. Online and hybrid degree programs provide two distinct distance educational options for students enrolling in degree programs at Western Oregon University. Distance education degree programs at WOU include studies in liberal arts and education programs, and for the most part, are concentrated in master’s degree and postgraduate certificate programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.