Alcohol and Drug Abuse Graduate Certificate
Western Michigan University offers a Graduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Abuse for graduate students and working professionals in counseling psychology, occupational therapy, psychology, public administration, biological sciences, social work, sociology, and other disciplines related to human services. Students in the program will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge in the analyzing, treating, and preventing relapses of patients who suffer from drug or alcohol addiction or abusive behaviors. All social groups in society have different forms of addiction problems, and through the program, students will learn about addressing populations of substance abusers through examination of biological, psychological, and sociological aspects of substance abuse. Through the program, students should develop advanced skills to help counsel those with disorders requiring understanding psychology and developmental issues in treatment of addictions.
Students will take part in a curriculum, in which they may develop their counseling abilities and specialized knowledge in the treatment of abuse and addiction. Those classes include substance abuse awareness, introduction to group counseling, and medical high risk issues.
Individuals who complete this program should have the capability to demonstrate the following skills:
- apply sound ethical, legal, and business practices in the work of an addiction counselor
- demonstrate the ability to implement counseling, prevention, and intervention services related to addiction counseling
- promote diversity and advocacy as related to addiction counseling
- employ various assessment techniques
- appropriately intervene in meeting the needs of diverse addiction clientele
- use evidence-based research literature to inform practice in meeting the needs of diverse addiction clientele
- use diagnostic tools to diagnose addiction and other disorders in diverse clientele
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$617.43
Out of State Rate:$617.43
Additional Fees :$140.00
Fees Overview :
Technology Fee per Course: $20
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$13,106.02
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$13,106.02
International Students Accepted:Yes
A bachelor's degree or higher.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.