Master of Science in Nursing / Leadership & Management (BSN to MSN)
The M.S. in Nursing—Leadership and Management (BSN to MSN) is designed for RNs with BSNs who are seeking a master’s degree to become effective leaders and managers in a variety of nursing settings. This challenging program incorporates competencies that are consistent with the American Nurses Association’s (ANA) standards for nurse administrators. Along with the rigorous online curriculum, this program requires completion of a 40-hour practicum in nursing management.
Note: Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), an unencumbered RN license, and currently be working in a healthcare-related field.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$3,250.00
Out of State Rate:$3,250.00
Additional Fees :$972.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Fee (per term): $145
- Nursing Program Fee (one time): $350
- Criminal Background Check Fee (one-time): $42
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$13,972.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$13,972.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires the completion of 36 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), an unencumbered RN license, and currently be working in a healthcare-related field.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
This degree is not authorized for residents in the following state(s): Washington.
In Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, through partnerships with these states, WGU operates as WGU Indiana, WGU Missouri, WGU Tennessee, WGU Texas, and WGU Washington respectively. Students who live in these states will receive information from and ultimately enroll in these state universities.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.