Master of Science in Nursing / Education (BSN to MSN)
The M.S. in Nursing—Education (BSN to MSN) is designed for RNs with BSNs who are seeking a master’s degree to become nurse educators. This challenging program incorporates competencies derived from the NLN Nurse Educator standards and the Masters Essentials for Professional Nursing practice. Along with the rigorous online curriculum, this program requires completion of a 40-hour practicum in nursing education.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- CCNE Accredited—WGU nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education(One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791). WGU is also regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class. Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$3,250.00
Out of State Rate:$3,250.00
Additional Fees :$972.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Fee (per term): $145
- Nursing Program Fee (one time): $350
- Criminal Background Check Fee (one-time): $42
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$13,972.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$13,972.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires the completion of 36 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), an unencumbered RN license, and currently be working in a healthcare-related field.
This degree is not authorized for residents in the following state(s): Washington.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.