Master of Science in Educational Leadership
The M.S. in Educational Leadership is designed for licensed, experienced classroom teachers who are interested in becoming school principals. This challenging program prepares you to serve as a highly effective, instruction-based, certified principal.
Note: This program is based on multiple philosophies, including that of the principal as the instructional team leader, the standards of the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), and the principles of the Baldrige National Quality Program’s Education Criteria for Performance Excellence.
WGU is the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$1,580.00
Fees Overview :
Resource Fee (per 6-month term): $145
Demonstration Teaching Fee (one time): $1,000
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$13,140.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$13,140.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires the completion of 40 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
To be admitted into this Teachers College program, you need to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of a baccalaureate degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a regionally accredited institution. You are also required to possess a current, valid teaching license and have a minimum of three years of recent and successful classroom teaching experience or other successful leadership experience as a certificated educator.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Not approved in the following states: TN.
In Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, through partnerships with these states, WGU operates as WGU Indiana, WGU Missouri, WGU Tennessee, WGU Texas, and WGU Washington respectively. Students who live in these states will receive information from and ultimately enroll in these state universities.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.