Master of Science in Data Analytics
Western Governors University is now accepting applications for its online Master of Science in Data Analytics degree program. The curriculum is designed for professionals seeking specialized knowledge and skills necessary to forecast trends, solve problems, and leverage the power of big data to transform business. Coursework focuses on key competencies sought by today’s employers, including:
• Evaluation of phenomena represented in data sets for forecasting trends and solving problems.
• Utilization of industry-standard tools for manipulating and representing data.
• Communication of information and data trends using data visualization techniques.
• Application of industry standards and best practices in data analytics to an organizational decision-making process.
WGU’s online M.S. in Data Management will prepare you for a variety of important positions in the public, private, or nonprofit job market, including Business Intelligence Analyst, Database Architect, Marketing Manager, and many other in-demand careers.
Students in this program will typically have some background in programming, analytics, or statistics, but need not be experienced in all three. The program includes real-world projects applicable to your daily work and is designed to be completed in four six-month terms.
WGU is a nonprofit university committed to providing accessible, affordable, high-quality education that meets the needs of working adults.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$580.00
Fees Overview :
Resource Fee (per term): $145
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$12,140.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$12,140.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires a total of 32 competency units (CUs), our equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university, and must also demonstrate experience with data analysis through at least one of the following methods:
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems, systems engineering, data management, data analysis, CS, software, statistics, accounting/finance.
- Hold an Udacity nanodegree in data analytics.
- Submit a resume for review showing at least 3 years of significant and recent experience in data analysis.
- Verification of a current Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, or SAS certification that has been earned in the past five years.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.