Master of Arts in Science Education / Physics (5-12)
The M.A. in Science Education (Physics, 5–12) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor’s degrees who wish to earn secondary certification in physics. This challenging program provides you with the specialized knowledge and science teaching skills you need for secondary science certification to teach middle school or high school physics. You will become a highly qualified physics teacher and develop sophisticated instruction and research skills.
WGU is the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$930.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Fee (per 6-month term): $145
- Science Lab Fee (one-time): 350
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$12,490.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$12,490.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires a total of 33 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
To be admitted into this Teachers College program, you need to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of a baccalaureate degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a regionally accredited institution. You are also required to possess a current, valid teaching license.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.