Master of Arts in Science Education (5-9)
The M.A. in Science Education (5–9) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor’s degrees who wish to earn secondary certification in general science. This challenging program provides you with the specialized knowledge and science teaching skills you need for secondary science certification to teach middle school general science. You will become a highly qualified general science teacher and develop sophisticated instruction and research skills.
WGU is the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Year
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$580.00
Fees Overview :
- Resource Fee (per 6-month term): $145
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$12,140.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$12,140.00
International Students Accepted:No
To be admitted into this Teachers College program, you need to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of a baccalaureate degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a regionally accredited institution. You are also required to possess a current, valid teaching license.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
Not approved in the following states: IN.
In Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, through partnerships with these states, WGU operates as WGU Indiana, WGU Missouri, WGU Tennessee, WGU Texas, and WGU Washington respectively. Students who live in these states will receive information from and ultimately enroll in these state universities.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.