Endorsement in English Language Learning (PreK-12)
The Endorsement Preparation Program in English Language Learning (PreK–12) is designed for licensed teachers with bachelor’s degrees interested in ELL or ESL instruction, community college teachers who work in ELL or ESL settings, district instructional personnel and curricula leaders, and “emergency credentialed” ELL or ESL teachers who need an endorsement. With this endorsement, you will become highly qualified in ELL or ESL, increase your career opportunities, and earn re-licensure points.
This program is not for those who want to learn to speak and write the English language, nor for those interested in becoming English teachers or teaching English in a foreign country.
WGU is the first exclusively online university to receive NCATE accreditation for its degree programs that lead to teacher licensure.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$580.00
Fees Overview :
Resource Fee (per 6-month term): $145
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$12,140.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$12,140.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires the completion of 25 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
To be admitted into this Teachers College program, you need to submit an official transcript verifying receipt of a baccalaureate degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a regionally accredited institution. You are also required to possess a current, valid teaching license. WGU recommends, but does not require, six credit hours (one year) of college-level foreign language study. However, students are expected to fulfill their state’s specific language requirements before starting the program.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.