Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The B.S. in Information Technology is designed for established IT professionals who need a bachelor’s degree and certifications to advance their careers. This challenging program incorporates multiple recognized industry certifications and provides you with a solid foundation of IT skills and knowledge, including databases, programming, web development, and systems administration.
Western Governors University is:
- Challenging—The ideal student is a motivated self-starter who can commit at least 15 to 20 hours per week to their studies.
- Accredited—Western Governors University is regionally accredited.
- Affordable and Nonprofit—Tuition is less than half the cost of other reputable online universities. Your tuition goes toward your education, not to shareholders.
- Competency Based—An innovative learning model, designed for adult learners like you, that measures learning, not time spent in class.
- Respected—Your degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
- Flexible and Online—With no set class times, you can log in and learn anytime, anywhere.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Term
In State Rate:$2,890.00
Out of State Rate:$2,890.00
Additional Fees :$1,160.00
Fees Overview :
Resource Fee (per 6-month term): $145
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$24,280.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$24,280.00
International Students Accepted:No
The program requires a total of 120 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
To be admitted into this online IT degree, you must:
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate IT experience through at least one of the following four methods:
- Have earned an associate’s degree in IT or equivalent (A.S. or A.A.S. acceptable).
- Have completed the following high-level IT coursework within the last five years:
- Two or more upper-level Networking courses; OR
- Two or more upper-level Object-Oriented Programming courses (Java, C#, etc.); OR
- One or more upper-level Operating Systems course; OR
- One or more upper-level Information Security and Assurance course.
- Hold high-level IT certification in network, security, programming, data management, operating systems, or hardware management earned within the last five years.
- Submit a resume showing three-plus years of IT work experience.
You may also be required to take and pass the WGU Readiness Assessment — a short, multi-part online admissions test that helps determine the likelihood of success in a WGU program. Applicants who possess a bachelor's degree or one of the IT certifications that WGU recognizes for competency credit will have this requirement waived.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.