Bachelor of Science in Data Management & Analytics
Western Governors University
It’s a big-data world, with big demand for experts in data science—experts who can manage the flow of data, translate it into meaningful insights, and convert information into better business decisions. WGU’s online B.S. Data Management/Data Analytics degree is intended to arm you with cutting-edge knowledge, industry certifications, and the skills that employers demand.
WGU is committed to making high-quality education more accessible to working adults. What can WGU offer you?
• Challenging, respected programs. Degree coursework is relevant and up-to-date because it’s designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts.
• Competency-based learning. This innovative model of education means you can move through courses as quickly as you demonstrate mastery of the material.
• Affordable flat-rate tuition. Less than $6,000 per year for most programs—about half the cost of other online universities.
• Unparalleled flexibility. Study and complete your coursework anywhere, anytime, day or night.
• Accelerated progress. Use knowledge you already have to move through courses more quickly.
• Personal attention. Work one-to-one with dedicated Faculty Mentors from enrollment through graduation.
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
The program requires a total of 120 competency units (CUs), the equivalent to the traditional credit hour.
To be admitted into this online IT degree, you must:
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate IT experience through at least one of the following four methods:
- Have earned an associate’s degree in IT or equivalent (A.S. or A.A.S. acceptable).
- Have completed the following high-level IT coursework within the last five years:
- Two or more upper-level Networking courses; OR
- Two or more upper-level Object-Oriented Programming courses (Java, C#, etc.); OR
- One or more upper-level Operating Systems course; OR
- One or more upper-level Information Security and Assurance course.
- Hold high-level IT certification in network, security, programming, data management, operating systems, or hardware management earned within the last five years.
- Submit a resume showing three-plus years of IT work experience.
You may also be required to take and pass the WGU Readiness Assessment — a short, multi-part online admissions test that helps determine the likelihood of success in a WGU program. Applicants who possess a bachelor's degree or one of the IT certifications that WGU recognizes for competency credit will have this requirement waived.
WGU offers over 50 degree programs in teacher education, business, information technology, and healthcare (including nursing). These programs are best suited for individuals with at least one year of college experience.
Online degrees based on your skills and knowledge
At Western Governors University—a private, nonprofit, online university—your competence is the ultimate focus of every degree program. By emphasizing mastery of essential skills and knowledge as opposed to accumulating credit hours or seat time, WGU’s innovative approach to online learning rewards focused, hard-working adult learners. Progress toward your degree is based on passing rigorous assessments (such as tests, projects, assignments, etc.) which measure your skills and knowledge in your field of study. We call it competency-based learning.
WGU’s rigorous yet flexible learning model gives the university a unique advantage over other online programs.
Here’s what the WGU advantage means to you:
Flexibility and Affordability. Our competency-based approach to learning allows for extensive personalization of your degree program. With assessments determining your success instead of credit hours or seat time, you’ll enjoy an education that can fit into your schedule. In most cases, you will access course material or study independently at the time and place you choose. Also, if you come into your program with years of knowledge and experience, you may be able to complete your assessments faster. Since you pay for tuition at a flat rate per six-month term, you’re paying for the time you need to complete your assessments. The faster you finish your assessments, the more money you can save.
Credibility through Accreditation. WGU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The Teachers College at WGU is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)—the first exclusively online teacher education institution to achieve this distinction. WGU’s nursing programs are also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036).
Commitment and Support. As a WGU student, you’ll have the support of a team of mentors committed to your success. You will work with a dedicated student mentor as well as course mentors who will support you every step of the way through your degree program. You’ll also interact with an online learning community of students in your same program, so you’re never alone.
If you’re an organized, independent learner willing to devote at least 20 hours a week to your studies, but require flexibility in time and place to complete your education, WGU could be the smart choice. As a nonprofit institution, WGU does not rely on state or federal funding and is not subject to review from funding agencies.
Note: In Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, through partnerships with these states, WGU operates as WGU Indiana, WGU Missouri, WGU Tennessee, WGU Texas, and WGU Washington respectively. Students who live in these states will receive information from and ultimately enroll in these state universities.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.