The online MSN / Nurse Leadership degree program from Western Carolina University adheres to a very specific and intentional curricula to provide students with the training needed to enter the workforce or continue to further graduate studies and certifications. The Nurse Leadership concentration curriculum prepares nurses in an advanced practice role with competencies in health systems management, nursing leadership, and financial management, while exploring areas such as:
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Informatics
- Ethics in Nursing Leadership
- Management of Human Resources in Nursing
- BSN from a regionally accredited college or university and nationally accredited nursing program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Statistics course. Research course.
- RN's eligible for licensure to practice in the state in which the student intends to practice.
- One year of clinical experience as a RN within the last five years.
- Three professional references.
- Professional statement.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges