Athletic Coaching Education Masters Degree
West Virginia University offers a Master of Science degree in Athletic Coaching Education for students and professionals in sports, athletics, and other fields of physical activity whose interests and professional goals involve managing sporting activity. Students in the program will explore complex and advanced issues in sports administration and coaching, involving topics such as physical education, exercise science, athletic training, athletic coaching education, sports and exercise psychology, and sports leadership.
Students in the program will study through a curriculum which involves advanced studies of athletic coaching and topics in sports management. Those classes include injury prevention and control, health statistics, physiology, sport marketing research methods, history and philosophy of sports and, independent study.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated necessary understanding of the sports industry and the role of athletic coaches as administrators and managers. These qualifications include but are not limited to: the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the role of athletic coaches as leaders of individuals and teams, to demonstrate an understanding of the business influences in sports management, including financial management, marketing, and human resource management, to demonstrate an understanding of physical education in educational and public settings, to demonstrate an understanding of the science of exercise, including kinesiology and athletic training, and to demonstrate skill in advanced leadership qualities.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75.
- Personal goal statement: A personal statement about your professional goals and why you are applying for the ACE online master's program.
- Sport resume. Please be sure to include coaching experience, sport participation, sport related awards, sport administration, sport officiating and other sport related employment and relevant experiences.
- Two letters of recommendation. Your letters of recommendation should be from appropriate professionals who can speak to your academic strengths and potential.
- TOFEL score (for foreign language students only).
Accreditation & Licensing
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.