Athletic Coaching Education Masters Degree
West Virginia University
West Virginia University offers a Master of Science degree in Athletic Coaching Education for students and professionals in sports, athletics, and other fields of physical activity whose interests and professional goals involve managing sporting activity. Students in the program will explore complex and advanced issues in sports administration and coaching, involving topics such as physical education, exercise science, athletic training, athletic coaching education, sports and exercise psychology, and sports leadership.
Students in the program will study through a curriculum which involves advanced studies of athletic coaching and topics in sports management. Those classes include injury prevention and control, health statistics, physiology, sport marketing research methods, history and philosophy of sports and, independent study.
Upon completion of the program, students will have demonstrated necessary understanding of the sports industry and the role of athletic coaches as administrators and managers. These qualifications include but are not limited to: the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the role of athletic coaches as leaders of individuals and teams, to demonstrate an understanding of the business influences in sports management, including financial management, marketing, and human resource management, to demonstrate an understanding of physical education in educational and public settings, to demonstrate an understanding of the science of exercise, including kinesiology and athletic training, and to demonstrate skill in advanced leadership qualities.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Hybrid
Accreditation & Licensing
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75.
- Personal goal statement: A personal statement about your professional goals and why you are applying for the ACE online master's program.
- Sport resume. Please be sure to include coaching experience, sport participation, sport related awards, sport administration, sport officiating and other sport related employment and relevant experiences.
- Two letters of recommendation. Your letters of recommendation should be from appropriate professionals who can speak to your academic strengths and potential.
- TOFEL score (for foreign language students only).
Founded as a land-grant college, West Virginia University is a public, four-year, research institution of higher education,located in the city of Morgantown, West Virginia. Almost as soon as West Virginia gained statehood in 1863, residents planned for a land-grant school. The Agricultural College of West Virginia was founded in 1867, and by 1868, the name was changed to West Virginia University. In 1889, the first ten women enrolled, in addition to two Japanese students. Though early programs focused on the sciences, humanities and social work studies were added by the 1930s. Throughout the school’s history, the student body has continued to diversify. The mission of West Virginia University states: “As a land-grant institution in the 21st century, WVU will deliver high-quality education, excel in discovery and innovation, model a culture of diversity and inclusion, promote health and vitality, and build pathways for the exchange of knowledge and opportunity between the state, the nation, and the world.”
West Virginia University offers bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and professional degree programs housed in the following colleges and schools:
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Design
- Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Creative Arts
- School of Dentistry
- College of Education and Human Services
- Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
- WVU Institute of Technology
- College of Law
- Reed College of Media
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences
- School of Public Health
- Potomac State College of WVU
WVU offers undergraduate and graduate distance learning opportunities through the WVU Online and Extended Campus. Programs vary from fully online to blended learning. Online graduate degrees include master’s and certificate programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.