Gain skills in leadership, case management, and health promotion through Walden University’s online RN to BSN program. Applicants should have an active nursing license and an associate’s degree in Nursing. Students can choose from three completion paths: course-based with guided instruction and a pre-set schedule; Tempo competency-based at your own pace; or Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM) that includes credits towards an MSN degree.
A bachelor’s degree in Nursing prepares professionals for career advancement, higher earnings, and increased responsibilities. Students will practice health assessment skills through interactive simulations and work with other nurses in the field during practice experiences. Graduates will be able to provide patient-centered care using focused health assessment, clinical judgment, and developmentally and culturally relevant approaches.
A sample of course topics available to students includes:
- Issues and trends in nursing
- Information management and patient care technology
- Foundations of nursing research
- Advocacy through healthcare policy
- Role of the nurse leader in population health
Degree completion requires a minimum of 181 quarter credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- Core curriculum: 51 quarter credits
- Transfer up to 135 quarter credits
- Requires a current, active nursing license and an associate degree or diploma in nursing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission