Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Walden University is designed to provide practicing RNs with the advanced knowledge and skills required to excel in their careers and/or pursue graduate education. Graduates of this program are able to:
- Apply leadership and informatics concepts in decision making to promote patient safety and quality care
- Use evidence based on the sciences, humanities, and research to guide nursing practice across the health-illness continuum in a variety of healthcare settings
- Evaluate the implications of policy on issues of access, equity, affordability, and social justice in healthcare delivery, including the health of vulnerable populations and healthcare disparities
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills to improve patient outcomes
- Implement individual and population-focused interventions to promote health and to prevent and manage disease and injuries
- Exhibit accountability for personal and professional behaviors in accordance with standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct with a commitment to continuous professional development
- Provide patient-centered nursing care based on a comprehensive and focused health assessment across the lifespan using sound clinical judgment as well as developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 181 quarter credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- Core curriculum: 51 quarter credits
- Transfer up to 135 quarter credits
- Requires a current, active nursing license and an associate degree or diploma in nursing
Bernie and Rita Turner founded Walden University in 1970 in order to provide an educational opportunity for working adults. The University immediately began to grow and by 1972, Walden conferred seventy degrees, including forty-six Doctorate degrees. Walden is a private for-profit university, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. With a continued focus on the working professional, Walden’s mission integrates “quality programs,” designed and taught by highly qualified professionals, through “relevant, actionable” methods to establish “lifelong learning.” In addition, faculty are selected based on “academic and industry credentials."
Walden offers bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs, all entirely online, from the following colleges and schools:
- College of Management & Technology
- Riley College of Education & Leadership
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Center for General Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.