Walden University offers a Post-Master’s Certificate in Online Teaching in Higher Education. Participants will explore adult learning theory and strategies to effectively teach in the expanding field of online higher education.
The program includes four courses that enable education professionals to effectively engage, teach, and inspire adult learners in an online classroom environment. A simulated online classroom allows for a hands-on teaching experience. Graduates will understand key principles of online instruction, best practices for reaching diverse student populations, and the latest technologies impacting online learning.
Course topics include studies of the following:
- The art of online teaching
- Understanding the adult learner
- Online teaching simulation
- An official transcript of a master’s degree
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in post-bachelor’s degree coursework
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission