Walden University offers a Social Work Administration specialization within its PhD in Social Work degree program. Graduates will be able to pursue careers as postsecondary educators, researchers, evaluators, or advisors to social work agencies.
The curriculum focuses on an in-depth understanding of organizational behavior to be able to better assess the effectiveness of social work organizations. Students will learn effective management and planning skills to improve their organization’s ability to improve outcomes for its clients. Classes discuss program development and implementation, leadership, community relations, and staff development and training.
Topics of study within this specialization include:
- Human services administration
- Leadership development
- Diversity and multiculturalism
- Program and practice evaluation
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission