Prepare to become a leader, educator, or researcher in social policy with a PhD in Social Work concentrating on Policy Practice. Courses focus on ways to create public policies that result in sustainable positive change.
Students will learn the fundamentals of how to successfully collaborate with legislators and lobbyists. Courses examine the economic, governmental, and legal factors that influence decision-making related to social welfare policies. Graduates will be able to identify community needs and work with key stakeholders to improve the welfare of the community.
This specialization includes studies of topics such as:
- Public policy analysis
- Strategic planning – collaboration, cooperation, and coordination
- Fundamentals of law and public policy
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission