Bring an expertise in global and cultural issues to your professional skill set with a PhD in Human and Social Services with a concentration in Global Social Services. Graduates will be well prepared to work with multicultural populations in the United States and abroad.
Students will learn to serve immigrants, refugees, and transient communities with cultural awareness. A dissertation project allows participants to address an issue in Global Social Services. This online Human Services degree program offers two tracks: Track I is designed for students with a master’s degree related to Human Services; Track II is a pathway for students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an unrelated field.
Students will explore topics including:
- Understanding different cultures and increasing global consciousness
- Psychology and social change
- US and international NGO cultures and environments
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission