Gain a better understanding of conflict resolution with a PhD in Human and Social Services concentrating on Conflict Management and Negotiation. This Human Services degree online from Walden University gives students the skills needed to help negotiate and resolve issues within organizations, communities, and governments.
Students will explore current theories and best practices in the field. Some coursework provides an introduction to dispute resolution, however additional training and practicum is required to become a licensed or certified mediator in most states. This online Human Services degree program offers two tracks: Track I is designed for students with a master’s degree related to Human Services; Track II is a pathway for students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an unrelated field.
Graduates can pursue careers in a number of fields, such as:
- Family – parenting coordination
- Criminal justice – restorative justice
- Human rights – equal opportunity in the workplace
- Education – school discipline
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission